Karma Foods Superfoods are nutrient-rich foods that have a high concentration of useful nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and a negligible amount of calories.
In this article we’ll introduce delicious superfood powders, you’ll find out why they’re a great addition to your healthy food choices.
It is a type of cyanobacteria, which is a family of single-celled microbes that grow in both fresh and saltwater and is often referred to as blue-green algae. It is one of the most fascinating of all the so-called ‘Super Foods’. Spirulina has a number of benefits rarely if ever, seen in a single food.
spirulina contains many vital nutrients -- protein, vitamins, and minerals. It has been said to be one of the most nutrient-dense substances on the planet.
Health Benefits of Spirulina Powder
- A natural low glycemic index food, spirulina is very rich in the vital trace element – iron, which is required for healthy blood cell formation in the body.
- It helps build and maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Spirulina affects two of the biggest risk factors for heart disease - high cholesterol levels, and triglyceride levels.
- Contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
- Upon consumption of spirulina, it acts to significantly lower the higher than normal blood sugar levels, and overall health is greatly improved. Hence, it is useful in treating and managing diabetes.
- Boosts energy maintains the proper function of critical bodily processes and helps to keep nerves and red blood cells healthy.
Good for Hair
Spirulina is being widely used for promoting hair growth and to combat hair problems like thinning hair and baldness. With 70% protein, fatty acids and iron, spirulina offers a synergy of nutrients needed to promote hair growth.”
This alga is also used as an ingredient in shampoos and conditioning treatments.
Skin Benefits of Spirulina Powder
Spirulina can naturally tone your skin and improve your complexion. It facilitates faster cell turnover that helps skin heal faster. It contains various vitamins and minerals that assist in rejuvenating the skin and stimulating the natural cell turnover. This makes skin look flawless, toned, youthful and vital.
If you are more keen on powder spirulina, you can have it from us too.
The Moringa Oleifera tree, better known as the “Miracle Tree” is considered to be amongst the most nutritious plants ever discovered.
moringa is great for everyone, though, it is especially great for women. Women are faced with extra challenges each day that span far beyond the workplace and pay grade. Adding some kind of green powdered superfood to the diet on a regular basis can be extremely beneficial for short term as well as long term health.
Health Benefits Of Moringa
- There are a large number of nutrients and vitamins in the moringa that are beneficial for us.
- Moringa leaves contain all 20 types of amino acids, making them rich in antioxidants, including Vitamin C, beta-carotene, quercetin, and chlorogenic acid.
- Moringa pod extract may help fight diabetes.
- Moringa also has cholesterol-reducing properties. The plant contains the antioxidant hypolipidemic, which has therapeutic potential for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- Moringa has essential minerals like calcium and phosphorus, which help to keep our bones healthy and strong.
- Moringa leaves contain ethanol which helps to boost body immunity.
Hair Benefits of Moringa Powder
The leaves of Moringa are also beneficial for the hair and scalp as it has many vitamins and minerals. They can be used to cleanse the hair and scalp, prevent hair damage, dandruff, dry and lifeless hair. It is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K as well as calcium, copper, iron, potassium, magnesium, silica, zinc, sulfur, etc. Vitamin B6 is very helpful in dealing with hair loss.
Moringa leaves familiar known as Drumstick in India can do miracles to your skin. Moringa powder can be used directly as a face pack.
Moringa leaf powder can be used to prevent aging signs like wrinkles, and free radical damage to the skin. Its regular use can help in removing blemishes from your skin, eventually making you look younger.
The Sanskrit name “ashwagandha ” means “horse smell”, which rather than referring to the actual odor of a horse, refers to the power and potency that this herb is thought to imbue in one who takes it regularly. In Ayurveda, ashwagandha is described as a medhya rasayana, meaning that it rejuvenates the brain and nervous system.
Ashwagandha, or Withania somnifera, has many names. Indian ginseng, padalsingh, and winter cherry are just a few of the titles that it also carries. Ashwagandha root has many health benefits including reducing stress and improving brain function.
Ashwagandha root has been used for more than 3,000 years in Ayurvedic medicine as a natural remedy to countless concerns.
Benefits of Ashwagandha Powder:
Ashwagandha has been used as a tonic to help emaciated children put on weight; an adjunct treatment for a poisonous snake or scorpion bites. Ashwagandha can help increase insulin sensitivity in healthy people and in those with high blood sugar. Ashwagandha's anti-inflammatory properties reduce cholesterol and decrease inflammatory markers that increase the risk of heart disease. Ashwagandha has a rich history in Ayurveda for its wound-healing abilities. Traditionally, fresh leaves were used topically to heal joint pains, skin sores and to reduce swelling. Ashwagandha has antioxidant properties that boost blood circulation and immunity. This results in vibrant, glowing skin.
Ashwagandha brings down the cortisol levels, reducing the harmful impact of stress on your body. It also reduces hair fall and breakage.
Wheat Grass is an edible, gluten-free grass of the wheat plant triticum aestivum. It can either be juiced into what's known as a "wheatgrass shot" or it can be ground down into a green powder, available over the counter in several forms to include tablet, capsule, powder, and liquid.
Wheatgrass is a natural food source of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and the green plant pigment chlorophyll. It is also promoted to help treat conditions such as fevers, coughs, colds, constipation, arthritis, and infections.
Benefits of Wheatgrass Powder:
It helps in protecting the body against oxidative stress and pollutants and thus may improve the immune system. Wheatgrass may carry the capacity to balance some enzymes and hormones, which may help to control the sugar level. Regular intake of wheatgrass increases red blood cell count in the blood. It also cleans the blood, other organs and the gastrointestinal tract of debris. It dilates the blood pathways hence reducing blood pressure.
Shop for the best quality super powders at Karma Foods.