There is a lot of myth regarding Omega-3 fatty acids.
WHAT ARE OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS?
Omega-3 fats are commonly known for their health benefiting properties. The fact is that fats, though shunned upon, are required for the body to carry out various vital functions. Fatty acids serve as energy for the muscles, heart, and other organs as building blocks for cell membranes and as energy storage for the body.Omega-3 fatty acids are incredibly important. They have many powerful health benefits for your body and brain. In fact, few nutrients have been studied as thoroughly as omega-3 fatty acids.
DO YOU KNOW?
Foods That Are Very High in Omega-3
- Soybeans (Roasted):Not many people know that this plant source is quite rich in Omega-3 fats. Soybeans have ALA, which promotes heart health. In fact, having one bowl of lightly cooked soybeans contains more omega-3 fats than some cold water fish!``
- Walnuts:Add walnuts in your favourite baked dishes, sprinkle it on salads and cereals or have it as it is, walnuts are great in all manner. This nut not only provides you with multiple vascular benefits but also helps you to maintain your ideal weight over time.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are not only rich in omega 3 but also vitamins, minerals and dietary fibres. Loaded with calcium, protein and magnesium, these seeds lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, improve exercise performance and also provides health benefits to the brain.
4. Flaxseeds: Being the richest source of Omega 3 fats, flaxseeds are considered to be a superfood. Often ground or used to make oil, these small seeds help in fighting cancer, reducing sugar cravings and promoting weight loss.
Benefits of Omega-3
Omega-3s Can Fight Inflammation
- Omega-3s Can Improve Mental Disorders
Omega-3s Can Fight Age-Related Mental Decline and Alzheimer's Disease
Omega-3s May Help Prevent Cancer
- Can reduce asthma in children
Can fight autoimmune diseases